1. To plan, prepare and cook a variety of meals which are appealing, nutritious and centres around residents’ preferences, requests or any special dietary requirements, to follow Harley House’s; Good Food Guide and, where appropriate, make amendments after authorisation from the Directors.
2. To be active and encouraging, provide advice and guidance for the team ensuring that Harley House is a friendly, supportive working environment.
3. To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements such as HACCP, Health and Safety, COSHH, Environmental Health, ensuring a safe environment within the home.
4. Implement, monitor and maintain cleaning schedules that meet the requirements of the Food safety Manual, and ensure that all areas of the kitchen are immaculately clean. This will include washing up of pots, pans and dishes when required.
5. Ensure sufficient food stocks are ordered and received from approved suppliers and that stock rotation is taking place to maintain optimum freshness of all foodstuffs ensuring the highest quality expected within Harley House.
6. Responsible for all kitchen equipment ensuring it is in full, safe working order, reporting any damage or faults to the Handy Person and Home Manage and following up any appropriate action.
You will be responsible for supervising the catering team, therefore leadership and communication skills are essential. You will also be in regular contact with outside suppliers when organising and ordering food produce for the home, again good communication and a courteous manner are needed.
Planning and providing a varied, well-balanced and nutritious menu for the residents and supervising and motivating the kitchen team.
To ensure Harley Houses’ high standards are maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
Mandatory training is up to date
Completion of Intermediate Food Hygiene Qualification within 2 years of taking up position
Appraisals every 6 months
Results and feedback from Home inspections and audit reports (internal and external)
Previous experience of catering for a minimum of 25 covers
Basic food hygiene certificate
COSHH training and understanding of HACCP
Menu planning skills
Real team player
Friendly and enthusiastic disposition
Excellent communication skills, approachable and able to integrate with others
Good organisational skills, prioritise workloads
Supervise/lead a team
Reliable and punctual